Big shout-out to Heather at Nerdy by Nature for nominating me for the Real Neat Blog Award. Heather covers her adventures in fandom, geeky subscription boxes, and book reviews. If you're not following her, make sure to check out her blog! Thanks Heather!
The ‘rules’ of the Real Neat Blog Award are to thank the person who nominated you, answer seven questions, nominate fellow bloggers, and ask new questions for others. So let's get started!
1. What it your go-to comfort film?
Harry Potter. I've watched the series countless times, but Goblet of Fire is the one I reach for the most. I've also been watching Wonder Woman when I need a little more bad-assery.
2. What underrated superpower would you want?Whatever sonic power Scarlett Witch has. She could use it for teleportation, push objects, toss people around, cast mental illusions, destroy an Infinity Stone, and a million other things in the comic books.
3. Is there any fandom people specifically associate with you?My guess would be Captain America and Harry Potter. But I'd be interested to know what fandoms people associate me with.
4. What other non-geeky hobbies do you have?Making artsy pages inspired by movies or songs (journaling, I guess?). Singing, writing songs (I'm thinking about learning to play the guitar), and reading.
5. What 3 fictional characters describe you the best?Dorothy from The Golden Girls (her deadpan humor), Belle from Beauty and the Beast (bookworm), Bridget Jones (because I'm a hot mess).
6. Is there any fandom trope that you find overrated?I don't hate Strong Female Character, but it can be overrated when used in the wrong context. More often than not SFCs just give the toxic side of fandom permission to attack actresses, treat the characters as Mary Sues, and pit one SFC against another. I just want to see complex characters period - no matter what their gender is. And I'd love to stop seeing female characters broken up into 'strong' and everyone else as weak because they aren't a chosen one or wear tank tops and kick-ass.
7. If you could bring back one cancelled fandom, which would it be?
Pushing Daisies. It was cancelled during the second season during the early 2000s writer's strike. While the series managed to squeeze the ending into five minutes of the last episode, I would've loved to watch the full version.
Now for my nominations/questions! I tag Becks at The Punk Theory and Mariah at Bizarre Brunette. For anyone who wants to fill the questions out in the comments, be my guest!
Here are my questions:1. If you could possess one of the Infinity Stones and use it, which would you pick and why?
2. Which movies are you looking forward to this fall/winter?
3. What is your go-to comfort tv show?
4. If you could invite three fictional characters from any fandom over to dinner, who would you pick?
5. What are you currently reading?
6. Is there anything on your bucket list you still hope to accomplish by the end of the year?
7. What's your favorite blog post that you've made this year?