One Lovely Blog Award
Blogging is a very unsure business of never really accurately knowing whether what you're posting is being enjoy by more people than yourself and your cats (or dogs, or fish, or family). Girl Meets Cinema was made mostly for a love of writing and film, and it's always been worth the ride even if the creative process gets harder than I expect it to be.
I was truly surprised and humbled when Jenna and Allie from Flick Chicks nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. (look how shiny!) Thank you fabulous girls for sharing your voices and your awesome movie blog!
Here are the rules for this award:
- You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog. (See above)
- You must list the rules and display the award.
- You must add 7 facts about yourself.
- You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Just About Write
The Nerdy Girlie
On The Screen Reviews
To the Escape Hatch
Writer Loves Movies
7 facts about me:
1. I used to be a huge wrestling fan. I say used to because though I catch WWE programming every once a while, I haven't ardently tuned in for a storyline or feud in several years. I once knew everything there needed to be known about the company and had planned on becoming the first regular female ringside commentator.
2. I tried out for Wheel of Fortune. I wouldn't necessarily say "try out" because I never got passed the application process. Seeing the auditions in person allowed me to get free tickets to see a taping of the show in forty degree weather in the middle of December with my mom and dad.
3. My sister and I attend movie marathons. It started four years ago when a local movie theatre was screening the Best Picture nominations for the Oscars. Every year since we've gone to this annual event and then some. My favorite one was attending (alone on this occasion) a 3 day Harry Potter marathon.
4. My Netflix queue is 200+ movies. I really can't even admit to the real number because of ingrained fear it will never reach zero.
5. The Bachelor series is one of my guilty pleasures. I really don't watch a lot of television except for a few staples like The Walking Dead, Doctor Who, or Once Upon A Time. There's something about watching how fast people compete against strangers and act like fools to snog someone they barely know and will themselves to believe this is a happily ever after journey.
6. Every year I really want to authentically cosplay as a favorite character but fail miserably. Last time I tried to be Nymphadora Tonks and ended up like a purple-colored Walmart greeter. Not good or cool.
7. I plan on going on solo adventure plans in the future. There isn't much else to this fact except that I want to be more like Samantha Brown and Cheryl Strayed and see the world.